Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October Week 1

MOM QUIT COUNTING THE DAYS!!!!!!!!
That’s going to make me want to count, and then that will make me trunky… NO THANKS!!
On the other hand, life is good here in India, I am doing really well, My companion is doing better, and we are back to Kicking butt!!! Especially because we went on Exchange with the Zone Leaders yesterday, and I was able to really learn a lot, I think its funny how when we think that we have it down, the lord sends people to teach us, or shows us exactly what we need to learn, I LOVE IT!!
Well I am quite excited for General Conference, we get to watch it this weekend, I am just excited to hear what the lord has to say to us. I know that it truly is exactly what we need to hear. It sounds to me like it was pretty good, I got a few Emails that said it could definitely do the pick me up that People need lately.
Oh man, that Medicine man sounds awesome, I really am excited for when I can see those things again. All I get to see and hear is Pooja … don’t ask. Ill tell you later.
I miss those kinds of things a lot.
Well I am glad to hear that all of you still have your sanity in this crazy world, I know some times things get crazy, but when you keep a positive outlook on life, you get to the point ware it doesn’t matter anymore about the small stupid things. You can get through the day when you focus on the big important things and not let the little things get in the way. President Nichols said something in a zone conference, imagine when your backpacking, if you look at the goal and focus on it, you know where you need to go, but if you start looking at the trail and you focus on that, then you get lost. He compared the trail to the adversaries Temptations, but the goal is the Celestial Kingdom, where we want to receive exaltation, and Eternal life. So just Keep your chins up, and remember to say “Come what may.” and remember to just love it.
Well I have a pretty neat story today, so the other day we where getting our cycles fixed, and my companion where standing there talking, when all of a sudden three Muslim brothers walk up and start to ask us what we are doing, and what we believe. They started to ask a whole bunch of questions about the bible, and how it all works, so we answered them, and told them that if they really wanted to know more, they could come to church. That was 4 weeks ago, so as we where sitting in church on Sunday, I was just about to walk into gospel Principals class, to start it, and these two Muslim brothers walk in, one of which was wearing the clothes and everything. I invited them into class, and they said okay, they sat down and we started to teach class. Well the even better part about all of this was that the lesson that I was teaching was on… Prophets!! Oh boy that was awesome, because they got to ask all the right questions and that was exactly what we needed to teach. Then we continued to explain that prophets have been meant for all of us to learn, and that is why we have the Book of Mormon, it was great!!
Then afterwards we went to priesthood and Elder Linton taught about how we can get to the Celestial Kingdom, It was even better, because both of our Investigators where just blown away. After church, they asked us if we could meet, and they also asked for their own copies of the Book of Mormon. Since that time we have met with them, and answered all of their questions, and have started to teach exactly what they need, and want to hear. It was great, and their really progressing, quickly.
Well its time to go, but I want you all to know that I really do love you. I also know that the lord is watching over you. I know that he is answering your prayers, and he is also listing to every one of them. I know that this gospel can and will solve the problems of life, especially when we ask of him in faith. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the Mouthpiece of God, and that the twelve apostles are called prophets Seers and Revelators, by God. I know with out any doubt in my mind that when we listen to their words that we will be blessed. Not only the prophets of today, but the prophets of old. I know that the Book Of Mormon was written for our day. I take comfort in it when I read it because I know that the lord is talking directly to me, and my family. This is Gods Kingdom on the earth. The savior lives, and loves us. This is the lords work, and I know that it is the best work to do.

I love you all so much, and I know that the lord is watching, and waiting for you to ask for his help.
I love you
Elder Colton Frederick

1 comment:

Misty said...

Seriously, I got chills when he talked about them coming into church and the lessons that were taught. The Lord works in the coolest ways!