Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October Week 2

WOW, What a week!!!!
Sounds like you where as busy, if not busier than I was. You all sound like your loving life there. Getting ready for the Holiday’s, and taking care of everyone there, Oh man. You have your hands quite full.
OH BOY can I just tell you how much I loved Conference? “That was Amazing!!” I loved every moment of it. Especially Elder Holland’s Talk about the Book of Mormon, I was just blown away at how strong and how firm he got up there and just Completely Scolded, ripped and Tore apart those who even have any doubt about the Divinity of it. As soon as he ended, I turned to my companion and we both looked at each other and said “ WOW” it was awesome, it completely made me want to change the way that I teach the book of Mormon to people.
Speaking of which, I have some News, My companion Is getting Transferred, :( I am quite sad, I love him so much, he is great!! He is going to Hyderabad 2nd branch. That just FYI is where my trainer, Elder Addagabottu, and Elder William, are both from. So that means Elder Chagoya is just going to tell a lot of hello’s from me. On the other hand, my new Companion is Elder Riley, he is from Idaho, and he’ll be here on Friday.
Okay so answer to a couple of questions, Gram yes I got your card, thanks SOOOO much!!!! Did you get my letter yet?? Okay I will keep my eye out for those packages, I am really excited for them. For Christmas, all I want is music, like the songs that we sing for Christmas, and also “Mannheim steam roller”, a little of everything would be great! Mom You’ll know what to pick.
Okay Kyle. What’s this about a girl, I only heard a tiny ity bitty bit of that section of life??? As they say in Telagu “Chependy Ra.” (means Tell me bro) If you’re getting hitched before I come home you and I are gonna have trouble ;) Just kidding, but dude keep me posted, its weird not hearing from my brother… cough cough, hint hint, every know and then.
Well I have another funny story for you all today… The monkey’s came back… and they brought reinforcements… as we woke up this morning, we where praying, and my companion finished and went to step out side to go and exorcise in out little “compound” and as he opened the door he saw monkeys. Well I was in the middle of praying and I hear this. A door opening and then a really loud gasp, then I hear “Elder…. Theres monkey’s …” I thought “ whatever, there is probably only a few of them” and continued to pray, then I finished and walked to the door to see about 10 sitting on our wall, and in the tree. I then proceeded to grab a hand full of marbles, and my sling shot, and just started firing at will, along with my companion, I think that we hit about five of them (they’re kind of dumb, they just kept trying to get into our gate) so then after they got the point that we where not going to stop until they left, they started to jump onto our roof, so the next thing that happened was, I ran up on top of our house just firing at anything that moved, ( more Monkey’s) My companion was following suit. About the time that we got up there, they where all yelling at us and running away. Our neighbors had seen them coming and just started to throw rocks at them, and some of them had big old sticks ready for them. It was probably the funniest thing that I have ever done. Any way, so now we just have to wait and see what they will do next, you never know what they are up to in good old KGF.

Okay so enough of the animal experiences, My week has been pretty good, I have been able to see a lot of really awesome things this week. One of which is leading up to a baptism this next week. Our investigator Jasper is really a great guy, and he has really been prepared by the lord to become a member. About 7 years ago, he saw Elders, and met them, but he didn’t want to even talk to them, they told him about the church, and he thought nothing of it. Then he met elders about a year ago and didn’t think about it. But then about 6 months ago he met my companion now, and his companion then. Then he stared to become more and more interested, so they started to teach more and more, and he is finally going to be baptized on the 25th of October. We are really happy, because we have been really trying with him. He has done a complete 180 from who he was to who he is now, and we hope that he just continues to do better and better every day.
Well that’s that this week, I hope that you all enjoy your week, I know that the lord is watching over all of you, I am praying for you all, I know that he is there, and that he really does want us to keep all of the his commandments so that he can show us his love.
I know that what was said at General Conference was the lords words for us to hear, I know that Thomas S. Monson is the lords prophet seer and revelator, and that he is speaking to the lord often. I know that Joseph smith Restored Jesus Christ’s church. I know that the Book Of Mormon is the word of God, I HAVE NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. I know that reading it will bring us closer to heavenly father, and that when we pray that he is listing to us. I also know that when we have troubles with those things in life that we can pray, but we also have to bare it with Patience, long suffering, and kindness. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and loves us. He DID atone for our sins, and I know that we can use that atonement to make our lives better, as we repent, and offer up a broken heart and a contrite spirit, the lord will make it known unto us as to what we need, and I also know that he will answer us.
I love you all, I know that as you continue to live the commandments and show God that you love him, HE WILL pour out blessings upon you, enough that there would be not enough room to hold them.
“ God be with you till we meet again”
Love,
Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: