Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November Week 3

Well Hello Home!!!
Life is absolutely Positively, AWSOME!!!
This week has just FLOWN by, it feels like someone strapped the days on a rocket and launched it at light speed.
So First off, the activity was a success, we had a great time, and so did all of the members, it was really great. I was so happy, my companion and I did some skits in each “Kingdom” and then when the Office couple came, they did the Celestial Kingdom, it was amazing, they had a picture of their family, and they where dressed in all white. It was Just so great, it was so hard to keep from crying when we went into the Celestial Kingdom.
Second of all, JASPER IS BAPTISED!!!! Finally! We have been working so hard on him, and he finally has been baptized this week, and not only that, but we have two more to be baptized on the 29th, Rakah and Praveena are the two that we are working on for this next weekend. I am so excited, We have been working on them since my first transfer here!! Whew that’s a long time!!
Well the adversary tried to rear his ugly head this week, someone broke into our apartment and stole my companions Coin collection (all Old Rupees) and his Head lamp but that was it, The kid tried to get into our window, but lucky us, we are in India, and EVERY SINGLE window in this country has bars on it, so that the monkeys don’t get in, but it also keeps 10 year thieves out of your house too. Oh well, I guess that’s what happens when you are doing the lords work, and Saten isn’t happy about it.
This was quite an interesting week, some of you asked about following the spirit in a couple of Emails, I am going to say these things, and then I am going to refer you to Moroni 10. First off, sometimes I find that the spirit is always speaking, it is our choice to follow or not. It always tells us which way to go, and how to follow, remember that if you look in the scriptures, when something is right, then you will feel as it says in Galatians 5 : 22 You will Feel Love, Joy, Longsuffering, Peace. And many others, just check it out, when I am out finding, I have found that the spirit is okay with what ever way I go, He is only going to suggest something if we are going the wrong way, or doing the right thing. The Next thing is that when we pray, the lord will usually give us a few different answers, and we need to follow them, for some things will be given in the right way. Always remember that if it is good, then it is of God, but if it is of not, then it is of the Devil. Sometimes we just need to pay attention to our feelings, but also to our thoughts, it tends to be that a certain subject can be on our minds for a long time, and we cant shake the thoughts, that tends to be the spirit LEANING on you and saying YES!!! And then there are other, many other ways that the spirit speaks to us. And that is why I am referring you to Moroni 10, because that is where some of the gifts of the spirit are located, but not only that it gives us guidance on how to act on them as well. We have to remember that when we receive inspiration that we also have to act on it, or else that inspiration is a waste.
Its truly amazing at what a little inspiration can do and what following the spirit can do. I know that when we follow the spirit of the lord, we will be lead towards the things that will truly bless us in life. I know that the scripture in Alma 37 : 6-7 is true, small and simple things truly bring great things into our lives. The whisperings of the spirit are some of the smallest, and most simple things. But when we follow them, then we are able to become great through the lord. Only through the promptings of the spirit are we all able to know who we are, and what we are going to become.
I know that this is the lords true church, and I also know that it was restored by his servant Joseph Smith. I know that the lord is watching over us all, and I know that he will always answer or prayers. I know that the lord truly paid for our sins when he Atoned for us in the garden of Gethsemane and that he does live again. I know that he is always there for us in the best of times and even in the worst. I know that Thomas S Monson, his two counselors, and that the 12 Apostles are Prophets, seers and revelators for us today. I know that when we follow the lord and his guidance that we can become the best tools in his hands. I pray for you all, and I know that you are all being guided by him. Just remember that I know that these things are true. I know that we are doing the lords best work.
I love you all, and I am always so grateful for your wonderful, and needed prayers. I am always here. Love you all from the bottom of my heart.
Thanks for the weekly updates.
God be with you till we meet again.
Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: