Wednesday, November 25, 2009

November Week 4

HOWDY DO FAMILY!!!!!!!

Holy cow, this week has just FLOWN by, I feel like I am cheeting, and Emailing early, but at the same time, I know I ‘am not … weird…. Oh well. That’s life in the mission field right???
Wow, sounds like a lot of you have been having a great, wonderful, Full week.
Matt and Molly CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That’s awesome, that means another kid to meet when I get home. Wow.
Well the last week was truly amazing, I have had some really great learning experiences and have had some more baptismal sets, we are just really excited to see these people that we have been working so hard with, all make some HUGE changes in their life. When the lord promised happiness for bringing souls to him, He meant the most joy, love, excitement, testimony building, and sincere life changing faith that could be ever experienced. I just can’t Imagine anything else but wanting to help our brothers and sisters have this glories gospel in their lives. Something that I have been thinking about is how great it feels to know that the work of proclaiming the gospel is the most important work that the lord has, and I am right in the middle of it all.
I had a funny experience the other day, one of our investigators said “its to hard to travel from alamadum ( one end of KGF) to Robertsonpet (the area where the church is) because its so far” well considering that I cycle it most days, or I end up walking half of it and then catching an auto I didn’t really see how hard it was. By the way from one end of KGF to the other is about 5 miles. (NOT FAR AT ALL) but anyway, the moral of the story is, I got to thinking. Proclaiming the gospel is pretty hard work, but its also the greatest work in the entire universe. Poor guy got dropped.
Well its been quite the week, and it has just flown by, but I really don’t have to much to say other then I am doing great here in incredible India. I really have seen and learned a lot this week, and am just amazed at how fast the time just is going by. I just wish it would SLOW DOWN so that I could think, but as we all know, “when your close to the lord. Time doesn’t matter, its just a matter of how we use the time given to us in a day.” I hope you all caught that. Its just truly a testimony builder to me that the lord truly does love us, and he truly does give us tools to use. One of my most favorite scriptures is found in Mormon 9: 27-28. this is probably the biggest motivation to living the gospel that we could ever receive from a prophet, and I love the way it reads, it gives us advise, it gives us promises and it guides our lives by making us realize that we have our agency.
As I said, not too much to report, but I want you all to know that I love you all, I know that this is truly the lords church, that it is lead by the savior through a living prophet, I know that it was restored by the prophet Joseph smith, and I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that as we read it and follow its principals that we can truly gain the relationship that we need to get back to him. I know that this is the greatest work that we could ever do, is to proclaim the gospel. And I also know that as we keep and continue to make sacred covenants with the lord that we can truly enjoy the life of god.
I love you all, and truly do care for you, I hope you have a wonderful week.
Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: