Thursday, December 17, 2009

December Week 3


Hello family!!
Hey sorry for not Emailing yesterday, I was at Mysore palace, It was a ton of fun, I took some pretty cool Pictuers, I had a lot of fun riding a Camel and getting “Blessed” by an Elephant!! Ill try to send pictures next week.

Mom, I have some news for you, actually I will be calling you on Christmas Eve morning, we have been having some issues on trying to decide when it should happen, so for sure it will be Christmas eve morning, It will probably be around 6-8 your morning time, so BE AT HOME… or at molly’s, you inform me on p-day and I will call there.
Well some more news, We got Guna and Leo Baptized this week, I am just sad because almost all of our progressing investigators are either now members, or we have had to drop them, so now we need to find like mad dogs, but no worries, My companion and I will do it we are finding fiends!!!! Its great!!!
So last night my district leader and his companion put on some Christmas music on and as I was sitting there listening to “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas” I could just Imagine what it must be looking like at home, the tree… The lights… the SNOW!! And holy cow that must just look so cool, the other thing was I just kept thinking about how the memories must work in our minds and how I kept thinking about how I loved to listen to Christmas music, and now I wish it could be Christmas all year long!!!
I really am just so grateful to be here though, I am able to teach those around me how important it truly is to have the savior I our lives, and since this is the celebration of the saviors birth, we need to remember what that birth brought, I think its really interesting at how much people really don’t think about that, we are living in a time where the savior and his gospel principals are so important to our personal salvation, I just think about how cool it is that even though most people don’t think about who it is that has truly blessed us the most, we know the truth of the savior and how he works, and how he has done so much for us.
By the way grandma TAKE CARE!!! You are just too crazy, I don’t think that you slipped and fell, I think that you where snowboarding and aren’t telling anyone about it… be careful please?
Well I love you all so much, I know that the season of Christmas is coming again soon, but I also know how much it truly can bless our lives when we think of others and how the message of the restoration can truly bring happiness to those that are around us, this is the greatest Christmas gift that any one could give, is that of the gospel, I know that if you will help someone around you to hear the gospel that you will be able to truly feel the spirit, of the lord and of Christmas.
I am so grateful for the Christmas memories that I have of our family, and I truly know that the gospel has brought all of us together, I know that this is the Kingdom of god, I know that the book of Mormon is true, I know that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints is the true church on the earth, and that Joseph smith truly did restore it through the savior and Gods Direction. I know that it is Lead by a true and Living prophet, Namely Thomas S. Monson. I know that the covenants that we make on a daily and weekly basis will bring us the most joy when we strive to keep them.

I love you all, and I hope to Hear from you soon. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Love,
Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: