Monday, June 3, 2013

June Week 1

Well hello there! Its officially june which means that I have been on a mission 4 months and going into month 5.... Wow... it seems like forever ago that I was at home...so for the last week of may and now the beginning of june I had one heck of a spiritual week. For starters.... for those of my scout friends watching and reading this. I had a vigil moment this last week. I honestly can't tell you what its like to have an almost vigil experience on a mission. Its one spiritual joy ride and it seems like it can never get any better. I spent tuesday night awake.... for what ever reason (which NEVER happens to me) I couldn't sleep worth a darn. There was so much swimming around in my head that I didn't know what to do. First thing I did was got on my knees and prayed. I probably prayed for an hour before I really began to find what was in my heart. For those of you who have been through the Vigil Ceremony, You remember what the spirit felt like during that time when you felt you could not go on any longer and for some reason you did. Well I am here to tell you, if you didn't feel that spirit there, FIND IT. We were put on this earth to be tested. We cannont learn unless we make mistakes. Now to tie all of those statements together...There is a purpose in life. God being our loving heavenly father sent us here in families to learn and grow. We make mistakes, that is why Jesus Christ atoned for our sins. With out that atonement, that eternal sacrifice as described in 2 nephi 2, and many other places, we would not be saved. The plan of Salvation tells us where we are going. We need to decide where we want to go after that. Personally I want to go to the highest degree of the celestial kingdom. During my prayers that night I began to understand what it means to ponder and to pray unceasingly. Our heavenly father can only bless us when we do what is right and when we do what he asks of us. Please.... I plead with you, BECOME MORE CONVERTED TO HIS GOSPEL. I love you all. Please read the Book of Mormon if you haven't. Only by that book can you know of a surity in your hearts and minds that it is the truth. Remember that you must ponder and pray.... and then LISTEN.... I suck at that part but I did it, and I know. I love you all have a great week! thank you for all the support! Elder Klynton Frederick

No comments: