Monday, June 10, 2013

June Week 2

Hey everyone! Things this week are a real mess! you know that god works in mysterious ways when cool stuff starts happening... Honestly not a lot happened this week worth really telling but I want to give you alll some thoughts on missionary work. I'm sure by now that the missionary broadcast has been announced in church and that you (should) are all planning on attending. I want to speak directly for a moment to the missionarys who are leaving and those who don't really know if they want to go and also those who have not yet read the book of Mormon all the way through. First, To those who have been thinking about going on a mission, I say to you, GO. The lord has need of your services and if you are willing he will recieve you. Although you may be aprehensive, there are more good things that willl come from missionary work than you can believe. Take the time to really make your decision. Next, to those of you with a mission call. Serve with all your heart, might, mind, and soul. You will thank yourself for doing so. Build your testimony in the Book of Mormon. That book, as said by the prophet Joseph Smith will bring you closer to god by abiding by its precepts than any other book. I challenge you to read it every day. I know I wish I would have before I left. There is more to it than any of us really know I believe. For now to those who have not read the Book of Mormon, take the time. It is hard, I will not lie, but know that it is worth every moment. God will open the windows of heaven as you read, ponder and pray about it. I wish you all the best. With all my love, Elder Klynton Frederick

No comments: