Thursday, August 8, 2013

August Week 1

Hey there everyone! Well its transfers week and the good news... I got TRANSFERED!!!! YAY!!! So I won't lie I loved my old area but REALLY a quarter of my mission gone and in ONE area!!! That is hard. I know that it doesn't seem like it could be but as a missionary, you get the itch to move because that is just how it is. My new area is the Hereford ward in the Sierra Vista stake. My companions name is Elder Hurn.... I think... I haven't met him yet, but he seems cool. Best part of where I am... ITS GREEN!!! for the last 6 months I have been in an area that has been pretty brown and in the city, now... I"M IN THE STICKS!!! It almost feels like home... There's only one problem... I still can't enjoy a swimming pool. I will say that its actually cooler here by about 15-20 degrees on average than my last area and I'm a good 3000 feet higher in elevation. Its amazing what a little elevation can do for the soul. I know for a fact that my Heavenly Father loves me. If he didn't I'd either still be in the same place or somewhere a lot hotter. I know he heard my prayers cause its nice and cool and I'm probably going to be here for the next 6 weeks to 4 months and it will definately be nice. that just means I could be here till about christmas... wow... Time is really ticking.... I'd better get kicking. HAH! I'm a poet and.... well you get the jive.... So there's this week for you. Hope all is going well! Love you all! Elder Klynton Frederick

1 comment:

Anita Keller said...

Elder Klynton,
So glad to hear from you. I love reading your posts. Remember I am from Arizona and understand the heat. That is why I live in Utah. You will really learn to love it November to February. Loved seeing your mom at Tifie, she is the best. Lots of love, Anita