Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January Week 4

Hey!!!
So I have great news, good news, and some not so good news. so the not so good news is that I am kind of sick, My head is killing me, My sinuses are stuffed clear behind my eyes, I am coughing up beautiful green and yellow stuff, and I feel like sleeping for forever, but I just keep pressing forwards, I am taking all of my pills, so hopefully it will leave soon.
The good news is that I just had 2 baptizems on sunday(sorry I forgot to tell everyone) but it was great, I actually got to do a baptizem, his name is Ratnaker, I will be sending picturers soon, and he is a body builder, he is short but huge, and really going to be strong in the gospel as well.
And now for the Great news.... drum roll please?? and I have another 4 and maybe 6 more baptizems next month!!! Chyeah Boi!!!
I am pretty excited, and we keep finding so many great people, so thank you so much for the prayers, I really appreateate them.
so story time. Well as you all know about the family with the 16 grandchildren, the Vanadi family, we have been teaching them for a little while now, well we invited them to church a few times, and they havent shown up, well we found out why, thier parents wont let the sisters out of the house with out a brother or father with them, and they cant come to church because their parents wont come with them. so Yesterday my companion and I had family home evening with them becaue they want to have it with the elders. well while there, we asked the father, and he said, well they also have collage, and they are all to young, well we showed him the importance of coming to church, and he had a look of " okay youve defeated me," but I dont think that he is willing to let them go. so we need to find a way to help them come to church.
now for second story, so about a month ago, we found this family with the parents, and 2 childern. the father go in an accident, and injured his leg. well we have been teaching them, and the son and daughter have accepted baptizem, but the mother and father dont think that they (the parents) need to be baptized. Well monday was the mothers birthday, and she is really great, and so we bought a cake, and we had family home evening, and just had a great time, so now we are teaching about baptizem to the childern, and trying to get the parents to be baptized now.
Okay so some of my favorite foods here, Butter chicken, prawns, absalutly wonderful, Chillly chicken, Tastes like wingers, only not sweet, and I absulutly love them, Sweet lassie, Its a drink, and it is so good, its like curd, but its sweet. and Artos, it tastes just like red cream soda, I absulutly love it, and get this, its only in Raj. yep only in Raj, I am so happy that I am here. :)
well so as I have said, life here in Raj is great, I am seeing so many great things, I am so happy to be here, and the people here are so great, I hope that I can stay just a little longer, but transfers are on the 4th, so you never know, and I might not be able to send e-mail that day, but if I can, I will.
well I hope everything is going well there at home, I know that the lord is taking care of you, I love you all, and I do miss you, but not enough to come home, sorry, I know that if you pray every night and every morning that you will become closer to the lord, and if you read your scriptuers at least 10 minuets a day that you will have so many blessings, and that if there are any problems that the lord will bless you if you just stay close to his words.
I know that the church is true, and that Joseph smith was a true prophet, and I know that Thomas S. Monsen speakes with heavenly father and Jesus Christ on a daily basis. I know that the book of mormen is the word of god, and I know that if we seek dilegently that the lord will unlock the mysteries of the scripturs to us. the lord really is Our loveing heavenly father. Jesus Christ really did bleed and die for our sins, and that he was resurected on the third day, and that we will return to see him again, and that he will be here sooner than we think. I love you all, and I know that the lord will bless you as much as he has blessed me if you just do the things he askes. I say all of this in the name of Jesus Christ amen.
well we will hear from you next week, I love you all, keep smiling, and remember the church is true!!!
Elder Colton Frederick

2 comments:

KJenx said...

Sounds like he is doing fantastic, except for the cold. Do you know how much postage for a regular letter is to India? Put the cost next to his address please! :>

Misty said...

So awesome, what a great missionary. I hope he feels better soon!