Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Week 1

well hello to everyone,

so to answer your question, Yes I did get both packages, and the soap worked, it even kept the "big rodents" out, the Indian Postmen, they didnt touch it, other than to send it. I hope that you get my package soon, I have sent it about 2 weeks ago, but they kept sending it back, so you should have it soon. this time I just told them to send it, Ididnt care how it got there. just as long as it got there.

So my question is why do all of the prophets go refer back to Abraham, like why do they always the god of abraham, the god of Isiac, and the god of Jacob??? I just was wondering, but as I said, I am just going to have to do some more studying to why I think.

Ya the rain was awsome, I wish it did it more. the people are funny, they where all so amayzed that I was cycling in it, so was my companion.

so a pretty cool story for today. so about a week ago, we went to this sisters house, she is a less active member, she is 16, and she is married (which is illigal in India, but they just dont care) to a hindu, she is also best friends to her sister inlaw, and her sister in law is fairly supportive to Harika. Well so Elder cunningham and I had tried the best we could to visit, and bring her the truth, well then we started to teach Sweety (the sister in law) she likes the message, and she seems interested, well so Elder william and I have made it our goal to reactivate Harika, and baptize sweety. well so we have been calling this house the "fun" house, becasue of the wierd things we find out everytime we go. So this week we where sitting In the morning planning on what we wanted to teach them, and I thought "lets watch the Testiments" I didnt say anything, but then my companion said, I think we should watch the Testiments with her, it would be good I think. I agreed, and so we went and watched it. we then found out that sweety has been trying to commit suicide by cutting and by taking pills, because there was no peace in the home, well then as the movie was ending, All of us in tears, we found that Harika really does want to come, but something is always in the way for her comming, she also said that there was no peace, and that she was always sad, and that she has also tried to commit suicide, they then in broken sobs asked us for a blessing, which where some of the most beautiful blessings I have ever given and heard. Since that time they have felt so happy, and are now reading the book of mormen every day.
so I have come to a couple of conclusions because of that story, and because of a few different less actives, That suicide is the cheaters way out of life, and as the famous line goes "Cowboy up" and so if I ever hear of any one trying to commit suicide I definently would like to talk to them and make them realize how dumb they really are for thinking that way. Honestly it really makes me sad that people dont want to put thier trust in the lord and keep trying.

I want to bear my testimony that I know that this church is true, and that I know that the Gospel Of Jesus Christ really does bring true happiness to those who are unhappy, I now that Jesus is the Christ, and the son of god, who did Atone for our sins, and I know that through and by him all things are possible, if we just put our trust in him and in the lord, and humble our selves, that the lord will give us the things that we need.
I love you all,
Elder Colton Frederick

3 comments:

KJenx said...

sounds like he is doing so great! what a neat experience to be able to teach those girls and give them blessings. i sent him an easter card with my 84 cent stamp since i haven't got the st pats back yet. hope he get's it!

Misty said...

I love that he is wishing for more rain. That is totally not like Utah! :)

Misty said...

PS - Even though he has to be short and sheet with everything, I still got chills reading his testimony. What a great kid!