Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September Week 2

Well HI,
Well since my mailbox was SO full of Email from my family, and friends I just felt SO loved…(NOT!!!) Oh well that’s just life.
Well Life is good here, thanks for asking (Not) and I am really excited to hear and see all of those wonderful pictures of family camp, that NO ONE posted!!! UGH!! What the Heck did every one fall off of the face of the earth??? I didn’t get one Email this week, oh well, I guess I just wining because I am Half way across the world, and every one just jumped at the chance to say HI… Grrr J/K
No, I know you all love me, I just figured I would give you ALL a little crap, I was just hoping for a little more. I bet that everything is going great, and you have a good excuse for not Emailing… mom. But that doesn’t let any one off for not updating their Blog’s. (MOLLY, KIM) I have a BIG HUGE GRIN ON MY FACE, and I know you know it.
Okay so now for the serious stuff, life is really good here, I have had a lot of really cool experiences this week, first off, we went to this brothers house about a week ago and met the wife the first time, she didn’t speak ANY English, but it was really funny because she just kept trying to invite us inside, so we just kept trying to tell her that we couldn’t. so we set a return appointment for Friday, when we showed up, the Husband came right up to us and opened the gate and gave me a big huge hug, and then proceeded to do so to my companion, he then invited us in, He then explained that he was so happy that we would try to come back, and that we wanted to meet him. (that’s not all) so we explained Prophets, Jesus Christ’s earthly Ministry, and the Apostasy, and then we popped in the restoration DVD, that is in Telagu (their Language) and then watched that. As soon as the video was over, we shut off the TV and looked at brother Babu, and he was just in full tears. He was so happy that he told us that he wanted to come to church this Sunday, and that he would be there Early…. Well Sunday rolls along and he shows up to church, and loves it, so we set another appointment with him for Monday, and when we come, he then tell us how much he loved church, and that he wants to come to church EVERY week, not only that but when we asked him about if he had read the Book Of Mormon, he said “ oh ya, I read 10 chapters” my companion and I just started to cry, and cry and cry, we where just so happy that he had done so, and that he was able to tell us EXACTLY what they said it was amazing.
So now for my next experience, I was teaching these two brothers yesterday afternoon, and right at the very end, my companion gets a phone call, so he steps out side and calls it back and all I hear is “Umm Ya, he is right here, hold on a minute.” I look at him and he calls me out, I excuse myself from the lesson, and before I answer the phone I ask in whispers “who is it?” he said “ I don’t know” so I picked up the phone and said “ Hello, This is Elder Frederick” and all of a sudden I hear a familiar Muslim Voice say “ HI FREDERICK!!!” I just burst into tears because I knew Instantly it was… TANVEER!!!! Ya, I was just so surprised that she was calling, and then so happy that I couldn’t even breath, I was just so happy. So, She is doing really well, she had gotten my Phone Number from Elder William because he his at home now. So she called me and said Hi, and just told me how much she missed me. I cant tell you how happy I was. I have been praying for that Girl since Rajahmundry, and have been worrying so much that she would disappear. I just cant explain how happy I was.
Well that is about all I have time for, so I love you all. I truly know that this is the greatest work that we can do ever in our entire lives. I know that this truly does bring the most happiness and that the joy is so … Excruciating (not the best word, but it works) that you can barely breathe. I know that this is the truth, and I am so happy to be able to be one of the chosen young men to go and teach the people of India. I know that this is ware I need to be, and I know that there is no other place, other that in the family or the Temple that can bring so much joy to someone’s heart as the missionary work here does for me.
I love you all
See you next week
Elder Frederick

No comments: