Wednesday, September 23, 2009

September Week 4

HELLO HOME!!
Wow, it sounds like you have been having quite the week, and some of those wonderful problems that always trying to get us to look down. I am really glad that you are keeping your chin up mom, I know that the lord is watching over all of you!!! And I am just happy to call all of you my wonderful family.
MY PACKAGE IS WHAT???? Oh okay, well Ill just keep waiting, I might just scraping by though… J/K I know your busy, don’t worry to much, I know that it will get here when it gets here.
So news for all of you, maybe, but CONGRATULATIONS TO MCKENZIE PROCTOR!!! I hope that there are invitations coming soon… I want one. ;) that’s so cool, I think that everybody is getting married lately.
Well everything Is AWSOME here in good old KGF India, we are just Lighting it up over here, we have the coolest Investigators, some of which have set them self’s with a baptism date. Therefore, we are working hard at getting them ready for their dates. One of which in particular I think I really want to tell you about. So a couple of weeks ago I told you all about the brother and his wife that we really wanted to set with a date, the Husband smokes, drinks, and has been drinking coffee, well we had been hoping that we could set him with a date, maybe next month, at the end of It or so. Well when we where at an appointment he said, “ brothers I want my wife and I to be Baptized on October 11th.” So we told him Okay and that he was going to have to do a lot of hard work to get there, but we knew that he could do it. Well so we talked to President Nichols about him, and he said “ well go ahead and baptize him.” So we went yesterday to meet him, while we where sitting there, his wife who doesn’t speak ANY English just started to talk to me, and as we where sitting there, she said that she was SO happy that we had come and that her husband had been changing. She then said, “ We are going to stop everything, all word of wisdom problems by September 30th and that they wanted truly to be baptized on October 11th. One of the funny things about this experience with this family is that our former District leader, when we told him about this family, told us not to expect anything from this family, and I quote “because I have been in that situation and the husband doesn’t usually want to progress. ” well I hate to break it to him, but we are baptizing them in 3 weeks, all because they wanted to be baptized, we didn’t even ask.
So that was only one amazing thing that has happened this week, there have been many more, we received a new Branch President, who come to find out has been sealed in the Salt lake Temple, and has been all over the states. We are really excited for him, because he is just an amazing man.
I just want you to all know that I have now doubt that this is Jesus Christ’s true church on the Earth, I have seen, heard, felt, and know that there is nothing better that this gospel on the earth. As we where at Zone Conference this last week, Sister Nichols said some things that really touched me, and really testified one more time that all of this is true. She was talking about the Atonement, and how the savior went through it all, and how when he was in the garden of Gethsemane, that as he knelt down and prayed that if it was gods will that the cup could be taken from him, but he knew that he was the one that had to do this, there was no one else. So he suffered the pains of the world, EVERY negative feeling that we, any of us have ever had or will have, and that he did that because he loved us. He knew that he couldn’t do it just for half of us, or that he could stop half way through, and then pay the rest of it later, but he knew that he had to do it right then and there. There was NO OTHER way….
Later when the savior died on the cross, when he was stabbed in the chest, water came from his body, and they say that the stress and the loss of blood that he suffered, that that caused his heart to burst, and that he did truly die of a broken heart. I know that this is true. I know that Jesus Christ bleed and died, But I also know that he was resurrected, I know that he appeared to Joseph smith on a beautiful spring Morning, and that he told him that he shouldn’t join any church. I know that He then through the prophet Joseph smith, RESTORED his Gospel, TO ITS FULLEST. I know that Heavenly father has this and many more plans for us in time to come. I know that he loves us and that he listens to us when we pray, he doesn’t just pick and choose, he is a just and Loving God. He truly cares about us, he is happy when we are happy, and he cries when we cry. I know he is watching over us. I also know that he does want us to follow him, and be with him in the Celestial kingdom so that we can be Exquisitely happy for Eternity.
I love you all
I know that this is the lords work and his glory, and that I am laboring in the fields for my brothers and sisters in India.
Love,
Elder Colton James Frederick

No comments: