Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January '10 Week 3

Hello Family!!!

Well I am doing pretty good, I am just loving life, in good old Incredible India!! Its strange to think that this isn't home, I just keep thinking about how much I love this place and the people, Even with all of the funny things that they do, I almost cant imagine life anywhere else. I feel like all I have ever known was here in India, weird how that works.
AMY DID WHAT?!?!?!?! I cant believe it, I would have never guessed it, but then again, I haven't heard from her since before I left. Send Tom and Lori my love, I will keep all of this in my prayers. Shes lucky she doesn't live in India, she would probably be killed Literally. The people have it in their culture that you have your marriage arranged, weather it be arranged or love, usually there is some kind of Parental involvement, if not their cut off from ALL family Ties, I think its stupid to arrange a marriage, but at least have some sort of parental agreement, that's Nuts!! Oh well, all we can do is just pray for her, kind of interesting at how people can take Agency to a new Extreme on both ends of the spectrum... Just know that I love you Tom and Lori.
well I Have some pretty sweet news, Vicky's parents are FINALLY letting him get baptized!!! I cant tell you how much we have been working on getting him there. Elders found him In December of 2008 and since that time he has been coming to church, so finally we sat down with him and finally got permission to get him baptized, we sat down with his parents and the branch president, and talked about it, and they said that it was his choice. and his choice was a really big YES!!! we are way excited, he is scheduled to get baptized on the 31 of January... Its about time!!
we also have two more baptisms coming up in February so pretty soon I hope. They are a couple of Children to a family that we have been meeting with for about two months now, and their parents have said that it was okay, so now we are trying to work on the parents, but there is a bit of an English problem, means there is no English.
I am glad to here that things are Okay, I am praying for all of you, and just glad to hear from you all, its always nice to hear from all of you.
I want you all to know that I love you all, and I know that you are all being watched over, I know that the lord does everything with a purpose, I know that with every trial there is a blessing, and with every blessing there is more desire to live with our father in heaven. I know that this is the lords true and living church, I know that the lord has restored it through his servant the prophet Joseph Smith, I know with out any doubt in my mind that the book of Mormon is the word of god, I have been able to feel the lords spirit whisper to me that it is true. I know that there is no other way to reach the kingdom of god other than through the savior Jesus Christ, I know that he lives and loves each and every one of you, and he is always there to " comfort the meek and lowly of heart." I have no doubt that the prophet Thomas S. Monson is the lords true and living prophet, seer and Revelator in these last days, I know that his living twelve apostles are called of god. I know that the lord lives and loves each of us, and is listening to your prayers. I love you all and am so happy to call you all my family and friends.
Love,
Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: