Wednesday, January 6, 2010

January Week 1

Hello Family!!!
Oh man that FHE sounds like a blast, I think its weird that, that many FHE's have passed, I haven't counted, but I do remember reading about a few fun ones here and there, I miss them, I bet it will be really weird when I get home and all of you are laughing at me because I am sitting on the floor cross-legged and eating my food with my hands. The sad part is that, that probably will happen. Espically if there is rice, so NO RICE or else you'll see my Indian come out.
So it sounds like Jess got beat up again by the family, JESS- Bro you got to wait for me, You cant just jump in there with out a wing man!!!! Ill be there in... okay a while, but just be careful man, They have snow and there's three of them!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Well the week here has been pretty good, We have been really working hard to get some new investigators, but of course the lord provided some, the neat thing was that it wasn't just any investigators either, we ran into an anglo family that was a Brazilian native family, it was pretty cool they where here in KGF for the Holidays and they decided to stay for 5 weeks. My companion had walked by the house earlier that day and about 30 minuets to an hour, later all of a sudden this brother that looks more mexican than Indian comes up on his motorcycle and asks us to come to his house. so we set up an appointment for the evening and then when we come to the address we come to a HUGE HOUSE!!! (remember I have been In villages my whole mission and have never taught in a house bigger than maybe Wheelers drive in, that has two Families staying in it) and the children are mostly all WHITE!!! I was just thrown though a loop! and then we started to teach them the first lesson and they invited us back, it was so Cool. My companion and I are way Excited to go back because the children all understand, probably better than most people. they actually asked us how they could pray!!!
Well that was about all of my cool stories for the week, mostly I have just been trying to work hard and get things done. I am way excited for this new year, we have actually made a goal for the half year, partly because My mission president might be going home, because his visa runs out, and then and also because all of the elders that are here are going to start to be going home in about May, and that is when the big batches start to go home, so our goal is 325 baptisms for the Half year, and last year we blew past that, so we Know we can do it agian, even with half of the people that we had the first time.
I Just want you all to know that I love you all, I am so grateful that you all have us in your prayers, and I want you to know that I can feel them always, I have seen so many of them answered and I thank all of you.
I Know that this church is the lords true and living church, and I know that It is truly led by the lord and the savior through a man called by them for us. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it truly was written for us in this time. I know that the Prophet Joseph Smith did see two personages In a pillar of light, and I know that it was God the father, and his son Jesus Christ. I know that the Latter was sent here for us and that he did truly Bleed and die for our sins, and was resurrected for our hope in god.
I am so grateful for all of your hard work in being my Family, Friends and loved ones. You are all in my prayers.
Ilove you all

Love,
Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: