Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January '10 Week 4

MOM, FAMILY, EVERYONE!!!
HELLO FROM INDIA!!!
Oh man it just sounds like your all just loving life, I am so glad to hear about Carl and Priam, tell them CONGRATULATIONS!! thats awsome, I wish that the branch here had some of the members of the chruch there, Its just a complete differance here than at home, its crazy, but I love it. Its kind of interesting to see how a branch works on the inside, and a ward, being all caught up in the middle of it, I am just amazed at how it truly is the lords church, the people that are put into a position to change thier lives and to change others, it puts a bit of a fire under me to want to go home and help the ward, (interesting thing, but 2 years ago, I dont think I would have EVER wanted those words to come out of my mouth) I am just so gratefull to be a missionary for the lord!!
Well We just had Zone Confrence, and so we are here in good old banglaore, AGAIN!! man I swear I am here for something or other all the freaking time, but as they say here " what can do?"
So a funny story for you all, last week my companion and I came to Bangalore for his (my companions ) wisdom tooth, he had been having the top Left one growing in, (before his mission his dentist said that his top ones would not have to be removed) the tooth was hurting his mouth so bad that he could barly eat rice( thats a bad thing) and so we ended up going to a dentist here in Banglaore, whow supposedly was one of the best dentists in India. well as we walked in the doctor took us right in and sat Elder Riley down, and started to look in his mouth, and anounces " Yep, thats going to have to be removed" and were thinking "...DUH!! thats why were here" and so he gives my companion some novocane, and when my companion asks for Nitrus, he says, and I quote " Oh its okay your a tough guy" so we are just kind of thinking that he is just going to work on him with just novocane... we where right... the doctor starts to let the novocane work and starts to just talk to us, and my companions speach starts to slur. so all of a sudden he tells Elder Riley to sit back and to relax, so of course he sits back and opens his mouth, the next thing I see is the doctor grab a tool about the size around as a pencil, and stab my companion in the mouth, standing in a forward stance, and then I see blood come out of Elder Rileys mouth and go onto the Bib he was wearing and onto his chin. Then all of a sudden he grabs a tool that is the same size as a small pair of Hedge Clippers, the ones that you can use in one hand, and about as long, and all of a sudden yank realy hard to whare I hear a pop. and then I hear " okay your done." he stuck some cotten in there, and said "okay so you can go and have a seat over there. and points to the chair next to me. we paid and then got his drugs and left, we wer'nt in there for more that 20 minuets, and that is the time for us to walk in and out... My companion and I just Cringe everytime we think about it.
well that's about it, we are really working hard here in good old KGF, and we are seeing alot of changes happen in our Investigators, Thank you all so much for your prayers, Thier comming true.
I love you all so much, and I really am so gratefull for all of your prayers, I know that the lord lives and I know that he is watching over all of us, I know that the savoir Jesus Christ truly was our Greatest Example, I know that He Atoned for our sins, that we could strive daily to become like Him. I know that the God and Jesus Christ Truly apeared to an obscure boy, 200 years ago, I know that by and through him The lords chruch was Restored to teach us the gospel, I know that Thomas S. Monson is the True and living Prophet, and that his 12 apostals are called of God. I know that the book of Mormon is the lords words for us to follow in these last days. I Know that the lord hears and answers prayers, and that his will is done when we are following and Listining to his spirit, I love you all so much, and am so gratefull for your help.

Love always,
Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: