Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January Week 2

HELLO FAMILY!!!
Holy Cow its Wednesday already!?!?!?! Oh man I almost cant believe it, things are just going buy so freaking fast, I cant even count the day's that pass, my companion where talking about time and how long we had been companions, and all of a sudden we noticed that it had been 3 months!!, we where both laughing because it sure didnt feel like it.
Mom by the sound of it, your probably right, the houses that you taught it and these are probably the same size, there is one member family that lives in a "house" about the size of my bed room in length, and there are 9 children, let alone the 2 parents, its pretty crazy, they all are just so nice though, and so loving, I am amazed every time I go there.
Oh man you are killing me with the Frozen Custard, I miss American Ice Cream so bad... don't get me wrong, I love the Ice cream here, but it just is nothing like home.
WOW!! Frank, and Mickie are going to go on missions here pretty soon huh?? THAT'S SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!! tell them Congrats!!!
Man mom, sounds like that Family History stuff is really taking off more and more, I Keep praying that you find Every one, I never realized how important it is to have a Genealogy until I came to India... Lets just say no one knows birthdays around here.
Hey the bishop Came for dinner huh? that's cool, I need to send him a letter... been a little while... OKay Ill repent, I just have to find his Email address again, I know were it is, just need to use it. the stake president too, In the mean time tell them I said "HELLO form INDIA!!!"
So I have a bit of an interesting story, Last night as we where coming home from an appointment, My companion got a phone call from one of the sisters in the branch, she said that she needed a blessing, so we told her that we could come tomorrow, (today) she said okay, but she asked for us to pray for her as well. This sister has been having some problems with her Ex- husband, He was cheating on her and was living a double life, and then she found out about a year ago, since that time she was trying to leave him, but he is a bit like Frank and just give her all HECK amount of trouble, he calls her and scolds her and try's to get the children to come away from her, so she has been trying to get a divorce, but in this culture if you get a divorce, most of the time the women is looked down upon because of it. Now she has been Hiding from him for the last year, and has made quite the amount of threats to kill himself,and all kinds of thing, just more and more problems, so she has been trying to get things taken care of, so I guess he called her last night and was trying to get her back, and she didn't know what to do, and she was just sick of him. so she called us to come and give her a comfort blessing, so when we showed up this morning she was in full tears, there was not any rest for that women in the last few hours, you could tell that she had been crying all morning, so we brought the former branch president in and we sat down and gave her a blessing, it was absolutely amazing, if you could have seen her face before and after, it was a complete change from one of utter pain, to complete comfort, (she was still crying of course) but it was just amazing at how much you could see the faith that she had in just a little tiny blessing. Just goes to show that the power of god is definitely on the earth today.
well I am Really happy to hear that your all doing well, I am glad that everything is able to play out the way things are supposed to.
Things here are great as you all should expect, we are just having a great time teaching some really amazing people who really want to change their lives an repent to best ability that they have.
I know that the gospel is true, and I know that the lord does truly do things in his own time and in his own way, I know that when we put our trust in him that we can become more and more like him in every way. I know that the savior lives, and that he loves each and every one of you, I know that he suffered the pains of our sins so that we could give him the pain of our souls, I am so grateful for a living prophet, I Know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, and that he restored the lords true an LIVING church through and by the power and Instruction of god. I know that the lord does truly answer prayers how ever small or big they may be. Thank you all for helping me get to ware I am today, I really am so grateful for every thing that you have done for me.
I love you all
Love,
Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: