Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July '10 Week 3

Vanakam from Chennai!! (means Hello in Tamil)
Well life is great in Chennai, My new companion is Elder Tewari, he is originally from India, but has been brought up in the states, he was living in Virginia before his mission and has now been out 6 months, so it has been pretty interesting to see the way he does things because he was trained by a former assistant, and follow up trained by another former assistant, so now just a lone little Elder from little old vizak gets to try to live up to the standard given... pretty fun, I am really enjoying the way that Elder Tewari works and has a way to do everything. he is espically fun because he was a big politician in Virginia before his mission.
Well it sounds like your all just having a blast, I hope that you can send me some pics of the good old wind rivers. Oh by the way the package came, but is in custums in Bangalore, the hosers have my shoes, and wont give them back unless I go and get them... There is a good thing that I am in Bangalore today, ahh Zone Conference, somebody is going to get a good old chew if they don't give it to me. Oh well what can you do?
Hey so how is Jess, please keep me updated, that poor guy is working hard so that he can go on his mission, I am quite proud of him and his hard work, I know that he will do an amazing job, because the lord want's us at our best before we go and do his work, and I know that he will do just amazingly as he dedicates his life to what he knows to be correct.
Well I just want to let you all know how thankful I am to have you all be a part of my life, I know that its not easy just simply going through life, but you all do it well, and You have all been such grate teachers for me, I know that it wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for the savior Jesus Christ. I know that because of his Atonement we are able to have happy lives... if we work at it. Lately I have really had my eyes opened to the atonement of the savior. I feel that each day my eyes have just slowly been opened to the light and love that it brings. One of the things that I am trying to work on is just simply my love for everything, and I know that it truly is a gift from god to be able to love one another, and to have compassion and charity for others, but I also know that it is so important to have it for if we have it not, "we are nothing."
I know that this is truly the lords true and living Church and I also know that the book of Mormon is a true Witness that the gospel of Jesus Christ is restored. I am so grateful that we are able to go and proclaim this to "every living creature" I know that by living the gospel of Jesus Christ we can live with each other in the lords kingdom, and that the wonderful plan of the living god is that we can live in his kingdom as families.
I love you all and am so thankful for your prayers and your willingness to write and support me here in India. Your all the best.
Love,
Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: