Monday, October 18, 2010

October '10 Week 3

HOLY COW !! I think I need glasses after that Email...Just kidding.
Well first of all I have some pretty exciting News...My companion is now the new assistant, and I am being made into the senior Zone Leader, and now my new companion Is.... ELDER LOHAT!!!!! wOOO HOO!! Yep I am so excited to have him again. We are going to ROCK chennai!!!
Okay so that's the transfer news, on other news for the week, have been just as busy as ever, we went to zone conference, and received sweet trainings about following the spirit in our lessons. It was just amazing... by the way.... we finally have VISAS!!!! Yep you read it, our mission finally received visas for some of the American Missionaries, The missionaries that where supposed to come just Before Elder Peckham where given their visas on Tuesday and will be coming to the mission this week. I will have four of them in my new zone. As you can guess this just rocked the moral for the mission and for the work, we can see the hand of the lord in our mission and in our lives and are so excited to get some more missionaries. Our hopes are that Elder Pecham's batch will be allowed to come about the same time that I take off. It would be such an amazing blessing to see this happen. I know even more now than ever that the lord really does take care of his missionaries. President Funk said " Its the lords work... He knows where here." so it was pretty amazing to see what it is that the lord does for us.
So in some more cool news. We set Suyash for Baptism this week, his Date is the 14th of November... MY last week. Suyash was so excited about it. He tried to act passive about it, but you can see in his eyes that he is so excited about it. I know that he will really be a great leader here in India. He has a great life ahead of him and so I know that he will be awesome.
JESS YOU ROCK!! I am so excited to here that you sent your papers in, My mom said that you did it On Wednesday!! that is so awesome... and of course all those that can are welcome to the airport. ( That is weird saying that)
Okay on another note, I am way excited,we will be having as I said 4 new missionaries here in my zone, and of course I get to go on exchange with them. I am SO EXCITED they have been pretty sweet to the ears, and so I think that I am going to take advantage of the situation and learn as much from them as I can.
Oh by the way mom, about your experience at the Doctors office.. I think Its so cool that our doctor has the Priesthood, and is able to use it in his practice. (how many people can say that instead of giving you any treatment that their doctor gave them a blessing and they got better Immediately) ahh the power of the Priesthood.
Well as much as I would love to go on, I really don't have much more to say, the week has gone by so fast that I didn't even realize that it had been a week since General Conference until I had been in the middle of sacrament Meeting, and then I felt like it had only been like a day.. Weird
I know that this is truly the lords Church, and I know that the work that I am engaged in is truly the lords, I know that the proclaiming of the gospel is fulfilling scripture. I know that the plan of Salvation is real, I know that the savior lives and that he loves us. I know that Heavenly father lives and that he loves us. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family who roots for me from far away, I am so grateful for the Emails that I get, and the love that is shown to me and those around me. I want you all to know that I love you too, and I am praying for all of your success. I am so thankful that the lord has blessed us with his gospel in these latterdays. I know that Joseph Smith was visited by two heavenly Personages, and I know that he was inspired, and directed by god to restore his truth back on the earth today. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the lords living prophet. I love you all and am so happy to call you my Family.
Love,
Elder Colton Frederick