Monday, October 4, 2010

October '10 Week 1

FAMILY!!!
Wow, what a week, I am glad to here that your all on the mend of what ever bug you have just had. Sounds Pretty Nasty!
Well, My week has been pretty busy as well, I have been on quite the Roller coaster of life, On Monday Last week, we took the Mission president with us on exchange, (he came to Chennai for Interviews) and we took him to see Suyash, President Funk also graduated at Utah State University, and so it was quite the Exchange, and Suyash really benefited from it, President talked about Faith, and we went on about the gospel of Jesus Christ, which was really great, because now he is thinking about baptism. Yesterday after church, we where looking at the October 2010 Liahona, and it has a ton of Pictures of the Temple in side, and Suyash turned to me and said, " I think I would like to go there with in the Next year or so." I got a big old grin on my face and said to him "Hey that's a great goal, Well get you there" He smiled and said " thanks... When can we meet again?" which in suyash talk means "I want you to come to my house so that we can talk about baptism" I was so happy, and so was he.
My week was also consisting of Interviews for all of the missionaries here, and then some good old Lock downs (I was stuck in my apartment all day long), and then me running around trying to get into school... Pray hard please... Ill need it.
So over all I had a pretty good week, I have also been thinking about families a lot lately, there is a couple of x-pat. Families here, and we had the oppurtunity to go and visit with them, and it was so cool to see how strong the gospel was in their lives, I was really impressed with the attitude of the children about the gospel, and how much it really has blessed their lives. I really think that it is so cool to see families faithful in the gospel, and living their lives in a way that is harmonizing to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I really hope that when it's my turn to have a family that I can do the same and Help my Children live the gospel. The whole thing brought my thoughts to how much you as a family have truly helped me learn and grow, and It brought me to true Joy Knowing that you have helped me and the rest of our family to know about How we can have happy lives. It is such a blessing to see families that are so loving, and so caring about every aspect of each other, and that are yet still so secure in the promises that they have made together. It is a shocking thing to me to see families that still have some problems, but are sure that through faithful obedience to the lords Doctrine. Shocking in the aspect that I know so many other people that would benefit from living the truth. I guess in short, It truly is such a blessing to be able to carry this truth to so many families here in India, and then see the problems they have just melt away because of their faith in the lord.
I know that the gospel is true, I see the evidence of it every day and because I do My testimony grows, I know that this is the lords truth, and that it is what will make families the happiest. I know that Jesus Christ and our Heavenly father do love each and every one of us, and that they truly are aware of everything that we need, and or want. I know that my Redeemer Lives, that he loves me, and that he atoned for each of us. I know that Joseph Smith, did receive the Keys to open the last dispensation, and that Thomas S. Monson is the lords mouthpiece today, I am so happy that we get to listen to the words of a living prophet, and I know that what he and the 12 apostles say is exactly what we need to hear at this time.
I love you all and hope the best for you, I am happy to have you all in my prayers.
Love,
Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: