Monday, September 27, 2010

September '10 Week 4

Hello Family!!
OH boy what a week, I have had some of the most interesting experiences this week.
On Monday I told you all that I was going to this Leadership training for a few days, and holy cow was it awesome, we learned from the mission president the "simplified curriculum" of Preach my Gospel. We worked on 8 things that we can do to improve our teaching, Listening, and the reception of the spirit in our lessons. It was so amazing to learn more and more about how to teach the gospel, and how to Help people Know that it is true. I had a blast. But it took four days of us being out of our area, so now its time to play catch up with our goals.
I did have a really cool experience on Saturday, My companion has been teaching a brother Named Suyash, he lived in Utah for a while, he went to Utah state University and met a ton of members there, and began to go to church, he made lots of return missionary friends, and then moved back to India, He met a sister that is teaching school here that is a member and has been coming to church here for a while, so he decided to come with her to church, so to make a long story short, the missionaries started teaching him here a few weeks ago, and then we went on Saturday which ended up turning out to be really great, he even came to church in a white shirt and a tie this Sunday it was pretty cool. As we sat down with him though it was really interesting to see and listen to him speak about what he had the desire to learn. I really enjoyed listening to him and thinking about how much he really knew, and how much he had the desire to learn about the gospel. As we taught him I was able to feel the spirit.
Anyway, Life is good here, Like I said we are trying to play catch up with our goals, and we are hoping to be able to make up for what happened last week.
I am glad to hear that your on the mend, I have been praying for you and your health. I hope that super bug gets out of there pretty fast, it sure doesn't sound good. NOT FUN.
Hey that's great about Klynton's Job, I am happy to hear that he knows how to do some pretty good business I know he will enjoy good Ice cream, and dishing it up is all kinds of fun.
Well I love you all, and am happy to hear that your on the mend, I hope that you get feeling good enough to get out and get back to your normal old schedule... If you even have one, by the sounds of the last two years there is always some thing new going on. at least that's just how I feel. You can never do the same thing twice, no matter what your doing.
I know that the church is true, I know the Book is blue, and I know that God is a Mormon too. " that came from one of our assistants to the president, I laughed pretty hard.
But on that Note, I do know that this is the lords true church, I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is what brings us the greatest happiness, I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, that it does contain the way to get back to our heavenly Father. I know that the Savior atoned for our sins, I know that because of his sacrifice that we can return and live with our Heavenly father again. I love you all and am so grateful to call you mine. I know that the lord is watching over you and is allowing us the oppurtunities to learn and become better people every day.
You are all in my prayers
With lots of love
Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: