Monday, July 8, 2013

July Week 2

Well, what a cause for disruption... Lets throw off everyone's week and just say HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!! I was thinking about the 4th that day and I figured something out... I have never spent a single 4th of July anywhere but in Mount Pleasant and I never thought it would be different anywhere.... you know... a big parade, friends around... a day to talk to anyone and celebrate independence day... cops all over the place, drunk people falling off buildings... oh wait that's Tucson... sorry.. um... oh the mountian man rendevous, the rodeo... more drunk people and their fireworks... nope back in Tucson again... oh my favorite part... THE WEATHER NEVER GETS HOTTER THAN 85 DEGREES... now that is home. Dang... It monsooned on the 4th here and it ended up being somewhere in the range of 112 with 100% humidity... yah, its hot. it makes me think about all the people out ther who like us, got a text from the alert system from sprint (thank the lord) said.. "if you don't have to go out today, please don't. If you must, this is a warning to take water with you and stay in doors as much as possible." And who said its not hot? oh yeah that would be our wonderful zone leaders... we texted them and asked if we really had to go out that day.... the answer was prettey obvious... yes. So... we spent the next 10 or so hours out in probably the wettest and hottest day of my life... ugh Tucson... its amazing what god will put us through just to see if we are willing to go and do His work.... Now for the best story of the week. I was cooking some eggs the other day and I noticed that they were a little bland... I wondered what I would do to make them... less bland... well for the heck of it I threw in some serrano peppers that I just so happened to keep on hand... well, that didn't work.. they were still bland... so I went all out. I put in garlic, I put in chili powder, I threw in onions, I threw in jalapenos, I threw in 3 more serrano's just to see if that would help... it finally did the trick... Just when I thought i had finally gotten the flavor right... I found that all I needed was salt. Ugh... the rigors of cooking. By the time I got all of that in there, I figured that I had about 1/2 cup of serranos, nearly a 1/4 cup of onions, 4 jalapenos, sliced, a tsp. of garlic powder, 6 eggs and I wanted to eat it all. it was so good. I finally had to just stop eating. I had never eaten so well in my life! now comes the question every person should think of... Did it burn?.... NO. and I was amazed.... Mexicans... Who knew that they could burn off your tastebuds in all of about 6 months... wow. all it took was the sun and a little spice and DING. there you go. Time flies when you have a spicy life. So.... Best part of the week was that. nothing more nothing less. Just the spice of life. I have some awesome pictures for everyone.. Especially to Mom and the uncles. Uncle Bart you would be proud. I changed the temperature sensor for the coolant on a chevy cavalier and wow... I felt like an idiot when I got it open and it was still pressureized and there was a shrader valve right next to it.... it got in my mouth and every stuff! anyways I'm fine but what an experience.. oh and I did the uh... water in the washer bottle with a hose to the intake butterfly, boost you told me about... oh my goodness what fun that is! I did it to one of the mission cars cause well, it dosn't know any better and not only that but its so easy that i just put it back to what it was after I had my fun and goodness gracious... I'd never had such a blast! talk about double boost..... I did it in a chevy Cruze, it has a turbo charger, and then the water on top of that, wow... that was awesome!.. good times, good times.... anyways so you would be proud of me.. I did the sensor in a white shirt and tie... wow... the looks I got... PRICELESS! that and the evidence of my work I had to get pictures of!... so now for the part mom that you would be proud of.... I dug a hole, something like 3x3 foot hole about 20 inches deep it took 30 full minutes with a pick and wow... I felt like a stud! yeah I ended up with blisters but it felt so good I can't even explain it..... Well there was my week in a nut shell.... Hope things back there are good! Love you all! Elder Klynton Frederick

No comments: