Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July Week 3

Hey everyone, Arizona is really good this week. Its been hot but not that bad... I honestly think I'm starting to get used to sweating all the time... I sweat when I sleep I sweat when I'm in the shower, my pores have never been cleaner and i can't seem to drink enough water. I feel like a camel most days cause I drink about a gallon and a half of water by noon and another gallon before the day is over.... oddly enough I spend almost no time picking zits, or anything. My face has never been clearer.... its pretty cool. For a story this week, I want to tell you about contacting.... Oddly enough as missionaries if we have an idea for contacting we generally can go as origional as possible... so here was our idea.... We decided that becuse we had this presentation coming up which we called Mormon night, we would go and invite people to it... however, we had been trying to do it in white shirts and ties and hadn't gotten anywhere so we went with the idea to do it in street clothes. well it worked. we contacted a womand and her boyfriend and they soon became investigators. What a trip! seeing as we had two new investigators out of it we are implementing it a couple of times a week to see if we can have as much if not more success. This is going to be AWESOME!!! Unfortunately we didn't get many to mormon night but that wasn't really the goal. the goal was to see if that Idea would work and it did. Another story for the week. We had been teaching an investigator until about 3 weeks ago when we got sisters in the ward. Because of this, the sisters got all of our solid investigators and it was really heart breaking to see them be... not ours anymore. Well I went and visited one of them because she is still in our ward and i wanted to see how she was doing. After seeing her and then leaving a message with her we left and went on our way... a few days later at mormon night one of the ward sisters stopped us and said "I have to tell you Elders, I went with the sister missionaries and we went to Jeans house and while we were there she said 'the elders are so awesome I just love them to death!'. The best part elders, is that the sisters were sitting right there and they were like 'we are awesome too....' ": Oh my goodness we laughed so hard. I thought I was going to die... I love the sister missionaries and this work wouldn't be possible without them but I do have to say, SCORE FOR THE ELDERS!!! WE FREAKIN' ROCK!!!! Love you all hope you enjoyed the stories! Elder Klynton Frederick

No comments: