Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October Week 2

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! Well for the first time in all my born days I've finally felt what my mom and my brother call cold. I was in my apartment last night and it was a little warm... higher than comfortable and lower than hot.... then I looked at the thermometer and it was an astonishing 85 FREAKIN DEGREES!!!!! I thought to myself... Self... you are finally broken. Hot is now warm and cold is.... cold... I got up this morning and decided to work out. when I got out of bed, I thought.... its cold and I really need a jacket... I went in and looked at the thermometer again... I WAS COLD AT 50 DEGREES... it was that moment that I decided that I'm never moving out of anywhere cold. I like the cold.... INFACT, I love the cold.... but when cold is 50 degrees... that is wrong. So... I'm sorry mom and brother that I ever chastised you about being cold at the high temperatures of 50 - 70 degrees... I have come to realize your pain.... never again will I take the cold for granted. To gram as well..... Never thought I'd figure out why you always kept your house at 80 or so... and now I understand... almost perfectly... Aunt Molly... GET YOUR MOTHER A BLANKET... SHE'S GOING TO FREEZE TO DEATH!!!!! I love you! Well as for a good story for the week. I have come to realize that God has done an excellent job of teaching me. There is so much to learn and there is so little time. In my personal studies this week I was thinking about my mission and how I've had the perspective of :"I'm doing this because its right." Then a thought came to my mind.... I love doing things for other people. I love being able to take the time and go out of my way at what ever cost to me and help, simply because I love to see their smiling faces. I now have come to the understanding that not only am I taking two years to go out of my way to help as many as I can, but I get to go out of my way at home and so can you, to help your fellow brothers and sisters. I will always think of this gospel as taking the time to help someone and I can't believe that I get to be a part of the joy that it brings to others lives. Hope you all have an excellent week! Get out there and do some MISSIONARY WORK!!! Love you all!!! Elder Klynton Frederick

No comments: