Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October Week 4

Hey there everyone! Its been an interesting week, it was transfers today and that means that either I move or I don't. Well I don't. So here is the scoop on the week: This week has been a struggle. One of my most beloved missionaries is going home. I really got to enjoy the transfer with him. He wasn't my companion but he became one of my best friends. The week progressed pretty slowly but it was nice to really get a chance to just think. On Wednesday we were helping some missionaries move one of the members out of their home and it was nice to help. We took all morning and we ended up missing our district meeting but we were at a district meeting (and if you don't know they all train on the same thing each week), I was able to see the difference in a prepared leader and an unprepared leader... thank heavens for having been trained on being prepared all these years. In the last couple of days the same thing again has happened. Transfers were here and I wondered what would happen. I began preparing for transfers about Saturday night around 9:30pm after the day was over. I ended up staying up all night putting things together and getting rid of things I didn't need or hadn't used and decided that anything that I needed was what I was going to keep. On sunday after transfer calls, I knew I wasn't leaving so I decided that I would continue to make sure I had everything that was pertinent and everything else could go. To a point this is also true of the gospel. In the gospel, sometimes we get caught up in the things that don't matter. We "collect" them per-say. When we de-clutter our knowledge of the gospel, we do the things that we know we are supposed to do. This means READING our scriptures, SAYING our prayers and GOING to church. Remember, faith without works is dead. Each of these things show our faith. Each of these things shows our Heavenly Father that we know He lives and it also shows Him that we are willing to receive help when we need it. I hope that the week went well for everyone!!! I love you all!!!! Elder Klynton Frederick

No comments: