Wednesday, October 2, 2013

September Week 5

Well, Hello there! Its another week in the beautifully.... ok becoming increasingly less green state of AZ. There is one thing I thought I'd never say... I own more as a missionary than I think I ever will at home. This week I was going through my things making sure that when I leave the area (eventually) I don't have so much stuff that I can't transfer it all. Well I realized something. I am now the proud owner of one acoustic/electric guitar, one ukulele, and a tortoise... where did it all come from? Eh well I guess it will just have to go with me. I cant get rid of any of my paper items... They all seem to be super important... its odd but that's how it is... nonetheless... Story of the week.... I was asked by my recent convert why we don't go door to door knocking and I responded with this question. "3 years ago, before you were investigating the church, would you have opened your door to two young men in white shirts and ties and said 'Hi, we are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and we would like to share a message with you about Christ.' Would you have opened your door?" He responded exactly as I knew he would and he didn't think about, which was "No.". My response to him is the same to everyone of my friends. Take some time to think about this. Your less active and non member friends are the ones who you want to be with for eternity right? those relationships are things we all want to continue in the next life.... So... INVITE your friends. The only way they will ever see that the church is true is by YOUR invitation. Please don't let them "fall by the wayside". Give them the chance to see and come to know of the truth. I know you all love those around you. Please show them how much!!! Take care this week and invite your friends. They may surprise you. Love you all! Elder Klynton Frederick!

No comments: