Monday, December 15, 2008

Finally some communication

I haven't heard from Colton since the first night until today and today I got a letter and an email. So look to the side for his email. Remember that he can read them but isn't supposed to reply except to home.

I got the email first and it read: He mom, this is my Email address, I just want you to know that you can e-mail me here, I leave on the 22nd at 1:45 PM, and I arrive in india on the 24th at 1:45 am. I will check this on saturday, because thats my only other time to check before I leave, Please if you havent sent my backpack yet, I NEED my PURPLE duct tape, so that I can mark my Bags. I love you, your son.

Now the letter - this one is hand written:
Hey. Sorry about the time, I thought that I wrote to you on Wednessday, but I absulutly forgot, I wrote to Brenda, Heather, and Matt, and Molly and Christian, and I had plans to write to you, but I completely spaced it. (and I ran out of time)
Well thanks for the program, I really appreciate it, I was telling my companion and the rest of my district about Kalob getting baptized, and about your "sub for Santa" experience. It was great, they all said that was really neat, and that they were writing home to tell their families about doing the same thing.
By the way, my companion is really cool, I don't remember if I told you about him but he is a really great guy. He is from Paradise Utah, and he is a champion trap shooter, pretty cool Huh?
Hey, I need Dustin Sorenson's address.
So Mom, If you are wondering, I am having a lot of fun, I am learning a ton of new things. I want you to know that I love you, and appreciate everything that you have done for me.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Such a great guy. You have two wonderful sons - congrats for being such a great mom!

KJenx said...

Sounds like he is giving the MTC a thumbs up so far! Nice that he thanked you, I remember thanking my parents lots when I was out, you really started to realize how much they have done for you don't you?! Thanks for keeping us posted on his letters!