Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The MTC Day


Okay, okay, I have been a bit remiss in my duties. I have been gone every minute and now I finally have about 5 minutes to post the new stuff. As most of you know, Colton went into the MTC on December 3, 2008. The pics here are of the moments spent with him. I am not sure if I am just "wacked" or what but this has been one of the most peacefull experiences I have ever had. There has been no fear and I was so excited for Colton to walk out the back door and down the covered path to his dorm room I almost threw him down and went for him. I could just feel the spirit of the MTC permeate me and I really wanted to stay. My friend Steve ask if it brought back memories and I could remember how hard it was but also how fun it was.

I really hope Colton enjoys it. I know the food is good and I am anxious to hear who spoke in their devotional on Tuesday night. I hope that he begins to realize that "mom" isn't totally dumb and that some of the things she talked about and made him do, were the voice of experience and not just reading the booklet!

I did get a letter from the first night and he says he "wants to make the time count, not count the time" and I really hope that is true. I hope he realizes that in some ways, the MTC is some of the hardest part. It always seems to be the learning curve that is the toughest. I don't have an email for him yet but just so you know... He leaves the MTC on December 22nd.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Oh, I am so excited for him. What great pictures and it seems like everyone is so happy.