Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Jume '10 Week 2

Hello Family!!

Sounds to me like there is quite the amount of activities going on there, people coming home from missions, people going on them, people just moving along in life!! I am so glad that you are all good though.
Well life here is good, nothing like killing snakes though. I am just running around like an Elder worried about families who don't seem to want to do anything...Grrr, oh well. we have been working with this family that I have been just so hopeful on, but this last week they went to their families house and the brothers to the wife where scolding the husband and telling him that he was dumb for wanting to be baptized again, and the wife just seems to not care... so right now we are trying to be a little creative and get them to have a spiritual experience so that they can know what the spirit feels like so that they can get an answer... pray hard.. thats what I am doing....
on the other hand, things are pretty normal around here, just trying to learn more and more, I really have enjoyed my companion, he is way cool, and he is teaching me a ton about just being a person, as well as gospel things, I really like the way he does things.
I had quite the learning experience the other day, just about how much the lord really loves his children, and how sad he must feel about the things that go on in life, as I was out walking, I saw something that just made me sick to my stomach, and since that time I have just really felt bad for what the lord puts up with. It makes me want to make sure that I and my family NEVER ever get into those kinds of things. I am so glad that I have been on a mission to learn some of these big lessons, and I am so happy that I have had the people around me to train me how to live and except things in life. It is truly amazing at how much the gospel can truly bless us if we really strive to learn it and follow it in our lives.
Sorry for the rambling on about life.
I am really happy your all enjoying the weather, I think I might die here if it gets any hotter!! I am praying for the rain, so hard that you just want to die... your sweating to death, everything is wet, and you cant even concentrate because your brain is soooo past fried... but its fun, and good for the body!!
well I love you all and am so happy for you all to be doing so well, I hope everything goes well with all of you this week, and I am praying for you, so don't forget it. By the way for all of you snake fighters BE CAREFUL.
I want you all to know how thankful I am that you have been such great examples in my life, I am also thankful for you teaching me so much. I want you all to know that I know that this is truly the lords true and living church. I am so happy that the lord has given us so much, and that he even sent his son to come to the earth for us and our sins to be overcome, all so that we could live with a loving, and living father who wants our happiness.
I know that the book of Mormon is the lords words and that by reading and following it that we can be able to have happier and more loving families.
Thanks for all that you do.
Love Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: