Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June '10 Week 4

FAMILY!!
well sounds to me like the life and times of good old Mt.Pleasant are going great!!
Just don't forget that the greatest growing comes from the scriptures. I have seen so much more of a change in my self as I have put my nose in the scriptures. I know that the best way to learn is to ask the lord for his help.
well life is good here in good old Vizak, I am really excited to be able to be here and be teaching some of the coolest people. I told all of you about Amar and Saritha, and man things are like pulling teeth with these people, but We think we have found a solution, we are giving them a chapter to read, and then calling them in the morning and giving them questions that they need to look for in the chapter, and then we are following up with them that night. sooo.. hopefully that will get them excited about the scriptures, we are also giving them a tour of the church tonight and then we are taking a great exchange to help give them some help with their 1year old son. who is their excuse for not coming to church.
Well we just had zone conference this last week which was really amazing, and sad at the same time, this was our last one with my mission president. He gave us his advice, and told us about how his family became members of the church. As all of this was said and done, it got me to thinking about my life goals, and about how I really want to have my family raised as members of the church. I Thought alot about how much I really don't have any Idea about what I am going to do with my life, but at the same time I am so excited about how much I get to plan it all out as time goes by.
I love you all, and am so happy for all of you, I hope that you all know that I know that this is truly the lords Gospel restored. I am so happy that you are all living and keeping your lives in the gospel of our lord and savior. I know that he suffered for all of us and I know that it was all out of love for us that the lord created the plan of salvation. I know that this is the greatest work that we could ever do (next to having a family) and I know that if we live the gospel and show the lord the evidence of our faith, that he will give us what we need.
THanks for all that you do!!
Love
Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: