Monday, August 23, 2010

August '10 Week 3

HOLY COW YOUR ALL..... busy.. Good, its good for you.
Oh man Tell Parker I am sorry, that's tough, I know we have to be really careful here in India because of the mosquito's they are terrible here, sometimes they are is big as your pinky finger nale crazy little bugs, ( we have an electric tennis-racket that fries them when ever I see them, as well as some stuff that we can burn that keeps them away, but they are terrible little bugs.
well on to other news, Things here are going to be getting a little... bigger, we are now combining two areas for at least 3 weeks, and I am now in a threesome companionship that means we have A LOT to do and very little time to do it. Ahh the beauty of missionary work.
I had a really cool experience last night, we went to a part member home where every one but one brother are members, and only the mother and one daughter are active with a family of 7 (I hope you understood that) anyway I have been working with the non-member brother who is just not happy at all, he is always quiet and just doesn't talk much. With in the last two week's I haven't been able to get much out of him other than he just was not happy, and that he had a lot of dreams... but he wasn't sure how he was going to get to them.
So yesterday I was talking to him, and I the thought came to mind to shut up. I looked at him and asked " Anand... who is god?" and then I shut my mouth and began to listen... really listen... it was great because it opened him like a book, I found out what has happened in his life to make him so unhappy, and I was able to listen to him and the spirit tell me his concerns, and now because I shut my mouth, I know how to help him resolve his concern. I was so grateful for the opportunity to have the spirit tell me to shut up, and listen to what he had to say. it is truly amazing at what you can learn when you listen to those around you and you don't say anything. I love learning from a mission.
well not to much other then that has happened here, we are just working hard and focusing on getting things done here in Chennai, and boy oh boy do we have alot to do. My plate is clear full, and I am so excited to start at it.
I know that your all being taken care of, and I am so happy that you are all as busy as possible, I hope that you all continue to do so, its so much better when you stay busy, I wish that I could just stay busy all day and all night, then I don't have to sleep and I can get things done even faster.
I know that this is truly the best work in the kingdom of god, and I know that by sharing the gospel you can truly be blessed, I know that when you put your life in the lords hands he blesses you and is able to sustain you in all things. I know that the lord lives and that he loves us, I know that by his love he was able to send his Beloved son to this earth to atone for us and to allow us to be forgiven. I am grateful for the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and for the book of Mormon, I know that is is another testament of scripture that can help us to gain that closeness to the lord that we need. I Know that Thomas S. Monson is the the lords true and living prophet. I know that as we Listen to his and the apostles words, that we can be able to safeguard our lives so that we can live with the lord and our families.
I am thankful for every aspect of the gospel and all that it has done for me, I may be 20 years old, and not much has really happened in my life, but the little things that it has done for me are monumentous for me to learn and grow. I know that by living the gospel plan and applying it into our lives, that we can be able to overcome the sad times in our lives.
I love you all and am so grateful for you and your support. I am grateful for your sacrifices to help me become who I am to day.

Love
Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: