Monday, August 30, 2010

August '10 Week 5

FAMILY!! (and Friends!)
Hello from India!!
Oh boy do I have some fun news this week. We have just embarked in the most interesting three weeks of my Entire mission... three people in a companionship... holy cow I really hope that having children is easier, but if my children are anything like I was probably not. we have been really working hard getting to two areas, keeping them separate, and yet keeping companionship unity. Oh boy let me tell you it is tough I am just praying that I can stay sane long enough to plan for my night, and then go to sleep, because the fun just starts again in the morning. I really am having a good time with it, I have the chance to get to know two companions as well as get to know each of the new investigators. Then I get to spend time in my own area. SWEET!!! its really kind of fun to see two different areas, and then work in both of them in the same day. I am also in a new apartment so it kind of feels like I am the one transferred and just in a new area, so now I am putting two mental maps together in my head and seeing where they both lead, ( let me tell you I wish I had a GPS some days.)
OH Man I am sorry to hear about Jess's car, that really bites, some people just don't use their heads, ( I know I am no exception sometimes but really, Hitting a car with an ax is ridiculous even if your in danger)
mom your going through my mail huh??... are you really looking for photo's? ... Just kidding its no problem, but thanks for telling me.
Wow it sounds to me like the scout stuff is really taking off, and now that I hear that everyone is back into school is crazy, I cant even imagine school right now, even to have family in school, but I am glad to hear that everyone is getting back to their educations, that is what the lord asks of us, to continue learning and growing, and seeking out of the best books. I am really excited to put my efforts into learning (unlike what I did before my mission) there is no giving up or getting fed up this time, I know that the lord will help me if I really honestly give it my all, he'll make up the difference.
Well for a story this week, I have found a really sweet family that I have really been trying to get to progress. Usha, Anto, and Richella are the coolest family ever. Usha and Anto are originally roman catholic, Usha has spent A LOT of time in the bible and know's that roman Catholicism is not correct, but just doesn't know where to find the truth, when we started to teach her it was kind of crazy hectic because she had a ton of questions, but when we pulled out the book of Mormon and she decided that she needed to read it, things began to really progress. Usha now reads the book of Mormon every day, and not just reads, but tears it apart by studying it, she uses the foot notes and is really prayerful about the whole thing. Her husband is just willing to follow what ever she teaches him, and the daughter Richella is of course going to follow her mother. We finally got to teach them about the Word of Wisdom, and the whole family really loves to Drink Tea and Coffee... it was so funny because as we where teaching about Tea and Coffee, she stopped me and said "Frederick... you cant make me do this.. I really like my Tea and Coffee."
I looked at her and said " Sister Usha, I am not going to make you do anything, this is all up to you and god."
she looked at me and just blinked and we continued on.
The next day she called and told me that she wanted to follow it. It was way funny to watch as she has called me every morning to tell me that she is doing it. and what was even better was that this morning she called and told me that she was now enforcing it with her husband and her daughter. and they love it!!
I know that this truly is the lords work and that his commandment are there for us to grow and be happy. I am so grateful for the gift of Moral agency that the lord has given to us. I am so grateful that we have the gift of the Holy ghost, as it leads and guides us in our lives and as the lord has given us this gift as we bring our lives in accordance of his gospel.
I know that the savior lives and that his atonement was truly infinite, I know that by living our lives the way that the prophet has taught us that we can be happy and successful in our righteous endeavors. I know that the gift and power of prayer is sent from the lord, and that the lord does truly listen and answer them. I know this because the prophet Joseph Smith did see Our Father in heaven and His son Jesus Christ. I know that a young farm boy 200 years ago was chosen by god to restore the truth and Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the book of Mormon is the word of god, and that by abiding by its precepts we can, and will get closer to God.
I love you all and am so grateful for all of your support, I know that the lord is watching over you and that you all are being guided by our lord and savior.
Thanks for all that you do and say,
Love, Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: