Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August '10 Week Two


FAMILY!!
Hey Well life is good here in good old Chennai, Just really excited for the weekend, we have a couple more baptisms. The district that I am with is just amazing, we have two amazing missionaries here who just really are excited about doing missionary work, they are all just amazing.
I don't really have much news, I am just staying busy, we have a lot of work that we have to do, so that really makes me focus on getting them ready, mostly that is just my life just running as fast as we can to one appointment to the other.

One neat experience that I have just had though is that we are teaching a really neat sister that is Roman Catholic, who knows that the Catholic Church is not correct, but isn't sure what is the correct Church. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she is now in 1nephi 8, but she just dissects the crap out of it with her bible Knowledge, but with sincerity, and now knows that it is true she feels that she must read the whole thing. She came to church this last week and had a lot of Questions about the sacrament and how its not bread and wine, and how its passed, funny lady, she is a little nuts, but I love her so much, she keeps me on my toes, and makes me have to really look things up in the scriptures, she has me scouring the New testament looking for scriptures that have to do with the soul. We just taught her the Plan of Salvation, and she had LOTS of questions, it was fun to watch her face as she gets more and more understanding of the truth. we just have to make sure to pick our "battles" she loves knowing more and more about the bible.


Well as I said, not to much has been going on around these parts, Mostly I am just teaching the gospel with some amazing missionaries, and looking forward to serving with more and more great people.
I know that this is truly the lords true and living church, I know that this is the greatest work that the lord could allow us to do. I know that because of the atonement of Jesus Christ we can be saved in the lords eternal kingdom, I know that the future is only as bright as our faith. I also know that when we put the lord first in our lives and we are obedient to his commandments we can and WILL be blessed. I love you all and I love that you are all strong members of the Church of Jesus Christ, I am so happy that you all have the same faith that I do that we can live together, no matter what happens, just as long as we accept the savior and his atonement, and live the gospel.
I Love you all, and am excited to hear from you again.
Elder Colton Frederick

No comments: